GHP Statement on Racial Injustice in America
- We acknowledge that the GHP Board of Directors is currently made up entirely of people who are white. We support diversity and inclusion and will open new board seats with the intention of recruiting individuals of color that will add value to achieving the mission and goals of the organization.
- We will conduct a thorough analysis of our Green House signature core education and protocols to ensure that they are inclusive, diverse, and intentionally designed to offer the most optimal learning environments for all participants.
- We will work purposefully toward expanding access to Green House homes for people of color. We believe that creating accessible and affordable options for minorities and low-income communities is important. We will target providers that are currently located and serving these populations in order to bring the Green House model to their communities.
- We will listen and we will confront our “isms” in an effort to elevate eldercare. We want to hear from Green House partners and providers, as well as consumers, about what we can do to make a difference in the fight for racial justice and quality. This will include convening a virtual town hall meeting whereby we will have a moderated panel discussion, representing diverse stakeholders and perspectives, about racism and ageism to create greater awareness and positive action.
- We will use the national platform that we have been given to continue to bring awareness and needed change to these social justice issues. Intentionally selected podcast guests will challenge the status quo and offer insights on how to take action. Blog posts will raise issues of inequality and injustice. Social media platforms will be utilized to advance the conversation and put our stake in the ground demanding comprehensive reform.
About The Green House Project
The Green House Project (GHP) is an organization that seeks to radically transform senior
housing models by partnering with providers and developers to revolutionize care and empower
the lives of people who live and work in long-term and post-acute care. GHP creates real homes
where all people live meaningful lives amid empowered staff.
Director of Communications