Press Releases & Statements
Jack York, president and co-founder of IN2L, will moderate a panel discussion of Green House adopters will explain how they have utilized technology and other means to keep elders engaged amid the pandemic.
Join us for the next virtual town hall, designed to help you and your colleagues continue to revolutionize eldercare and go beyond better with Green House!
Whether you have attended the previous five webinars in the series or you are joining for the first time, this session synthesizes them all and offers recommendations for how to take action on an individual and organizational level to impact isolation and disconnection. Join as Green House Senior Director Susan Ryan and Director of Resource Development Marla DeVries as they utilize a reliable design framework to explore implementation strategies that are simple, doable, and require minimal resources.
The experience of Green House starts well before the home’s front door. The design of each Green House campus offers a variety of opportunities to create community and promote social connectedness outside of the home. This session will examine how Green House creates community connections through the following topics:
- Community - Outdoor spaces, clubhouse, and shared clinical space
- Approach - The front porch versus an elevator lobby, pedestrian versus vehicular traffic, first impressions, identity, outdoor resident spaces, and storage
- Entrance - Front door etiquette for visitors and staff, the entrance hall versus a vestibule, the coat closet, resident engagement, and staff responsibility
- Delivery - Mail, food, linens, supplies, and trash disposal
- Insights from COVID-19 - Important boundaries, drop-off zones, personal protective equipment and sanitization, telehealth, and grocery delivery