Green House Workshop
A Two-Day Workshop about the Green House Model
The Green House Development Workshop is a two-day event devoted to helping individuals, developers, and providers take the next steps in bringing Green House homes to their communities. It will take place Oct. 2 to 3, 2019, in Pompano Beach, Fla., at John Knox Village - The Woodlands Green House homes.
The first day of the workshop, which has been approved for 5 contact hours from the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB), is free to all attendees and is designed for those interested in learning more about the model but may not yet have capital or land. The program, which begins at 10:00 am and concludes at 4:00 pm, takes participants through an overview of the Green House model and covers the following elements:
- The Green House Project (GHP) core values and essential practices, including an exploration of how the model is reflected in various communities.
- The growing evidence base, which shows positive financial, clinical, and quality of life outcomes.
- Conversations with leadership and staff from an operating Green House organization about their experiences.
- A tour of a Green House home.
- The latest from The Green House Project as a national initiative, including innovative tools and resources, policy impact, and growing momentum across the country.
Thank you to Love and Company for its generous sponsorship of Day 1 of the workshop!Thank you to PMD Advisory Services for its sponsorship of the networking reception on Oct. 2, where all workshop attendees will have an opportunity to mingle with participants and speakers from both days.
The second day of the workshop takes a much deeper dive into the key factors that affect the development, financial viability, and ROI of a Green House homes. Senior housing experts will lead you through the essential components of becoming a Green House adopter, with an emphasis on the following:
- Determining optimal sizing for a project;
- Selecting a site;
- Designing and creating small houses and real homes;
- Working with state agencies on CON and licensing approvals;
- Streamlining the construction process; and
- Managing a Green House home project.
Also on tap for the second day are practical tips, case studies, and lessons learned from both for-profit and non-profit organizations around the development of Green House homes.
Day 2 is highly recommended for the following stakeholders who are ready to take the next steps toward developing the Green House model:
- Senior Living Architects
- Experienced Operators
The fee for Day 2 is a $495 registration fee for the first person from an organization and $375 for each subsequent individual from the same organization.
For those interested in attending Day 2, we suggest that you have previously attended an overview workshop (such as Day 1 of this workshop).Thank you to BB&T Capital Markets for the generous sponsorship of Day 2 of the workshop!
Register in the form below.
Thank you to our reception sponsor!
Thank you to our Day 1 sponsor!
Thank you to our Day 2 sponsor!
"Clear aims, well articulated, good slides, great content, and well explained."
--2019 Workshop Attendee
Providers have worked hard to transform their settings from "traditional" to truly person-directed, relationship-rich living environments. This webinar examines the principles behind ensuring that transformation "sticks" within the organizations and among the staff members who implement it.
Featuring world-renowned expert on dementia care, Dr. Al Power, this webinar will explore the problems with the framework of "Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia" (BPSD) and introduce an approach that instead focuses on enhancing well-being.