Green House Workshop: Portland, Oregon
The Green House Workshop is the first step in bringing Green House homes to your community. The workshop is hosted by an operating Green House organization, and it is an opportunity to:
- Understand The Green House values and essential practices, and explore how the model is reflected in various communities
- Review the growing evidence-base, which shows positive financial, clinical, and quality of life outcomes
- Speak with leadership and staff from an operating Green House organization about their experience
- Step inside a Green House home to experience the elements of real home, meaningful life, and empowered staff
- Get the latest from The Green House Project as a national initiative, including innovative tools and resources, policy impact, and growing momentum across the country
- Learn how you can take the next step toward bringing Green House homes to your community
Emi Kiyota, PhD, founder of Ibasho, a model of eldercare that creates socially integrated
and sustainable societies that value elders. She will explain how Ibasho strengthens the social
ties of elders in the communities and harnesses their skills and experience to create a positive impact in the community.
This virtual event offers a comprehensive look at the steps to get there, with long-term care finance, design, and architecture leaders and Green House strategic partners.