Green House Workshop: Detroit, MI
The Green House Workshop is the first step in bringing Green House homes to your community. The workshop is hosted by an operating Green House organization, and it is an opportunity to:
- Understand The Green House values and essential practices, and explore how the model is reflected in various communities
- Review the growing evidence-base, which shows positive financial, clinical, and quality of life outcomes
- Speak with leadership and staff from an operating Green House organization about their experience
- Step inside a Green House home to experience the elements of real home, meaningful life, and empowered staff
- Get the latest from The Green House Project as a national initiative, including innovative tools and resources, policy impact, and growing momentum across the country
- Learn how you can take the next step toward bringing Green House homes to your community
Providers have worked hard to transform their settings from "traditional" to truly person-directed, relationship-rich living environments. This webinar examines the principles behind ensuring that transformation "sticks" within the organizations and among the staff members who implement it.
Featuring world-renowned expert on dementia care, Dr. Al Power, this webinar will explore the problems with the framework of "Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia" (BPSD) and introduce an approach that instead focuses on enhancing well-being.