Green House Workshop: Detroit, MI
The Green House Workshop is the first step in bringing Green House homes to your community. The workshop is hosted by an operating Green House organization, and it is an opportunity to:
- Understand The Green House values and essential practices, and explore how the model is reflected in various communities
- Review the growing evidence-base, which shows positive financial, clinical, and quality of life outcomes
- Speak with leadership and staff from an operating Green House organization about their experience
- Step inside a Green House home to experience the elements of real home, meaningful life, and empowered staff
- Get the latest from The Green House Project as a national initiative, including innovative tools and resources, policy impact, and growing momentum across the country
- Learn how you can take the next step toward bringing Green House homes to your community
The Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) is the proposed new Medicare payment rule for skilled nursing homes. PDPM is intended to replace the current RUG-IV system with a completely new way of calculating reimbursement. Under PDPM, therapy minutes are removed as the basis for payment in favor of resident classifications and anticipated resource needs during the course of an elder's stay.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Kathleen Weissberg, MS, OTD, OTR/L, CMDCP, CDP
Education Director, Select Rehabilitation
Explore the primary roles of a supervisor, the importance of supervision in long-term care, and the role of the Guide, Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and Coaching Leaders in The Green House model relative to supervision.
This webinar will examine the case of Sarah Neuman, a traditional-style nursing home that implemented culture change with the help of The Green House Project.
This webinar tells the story of how The Eddy at Beverwyck went from a small-house model nursing home community to becoming Green House homes in August 2019,